Harness Product Update - Serverless Dashboard
We kicked off our FY ‘21 by taking our game to the next level. We’ve fueled more love to service our Asia Pacific customers. We closed out our last year with 400% ARR growth in FY ‘20. Check out this cool video highlighting our achievements from last year that we played at our company kick-off! Let’s jump into what we’ve shipped in February.
For all you serverless developers out there, we’re showing you some love. We added a new dashboard for Serverless Functions! Specifically, we’ve added support for AWS Lambda deployments. This new dashboard provides metrics specific to your serverless deployments, including:
- Total unique deployed functions
- The total functions deployed by service
- The total functions deployed by cloud provider
- Total invocations deployed by service
You can also view your services distributed by environments and which functions executed in which environments. You can drill down and view deployment information around each function.
Stay tuned, we’ll soon add this visibility for Azure and Google Cloud. More information can be found in our docs.
Git Sync Errors
For all you GitOps aficionados who love to configure pipelines via code, this feature is designed to make your lives much easier. Previously, if your pipeline YAML config file(s) failed to sync, you were only notified via our notifications tab.
We’ve added the ability for you to see which YAML configuration files failed to sync due to various errors. You can access this feature by navigating to Setup -> Configuration As Code -> Git Sync Issues.
We have two new critical updates to the Harness API. First, you can now create records within Harness by calling our GraphQL API. Specifically, you can create:
With this new capability, you can now automate many of your processes by removing manual steps in record creation within the Harness UI. This is just another example of how Harness is built for enterprise scale.
The second update to our API is the ability to access audit trail events. For those customers looking to create tools or scripts to extract audit trail events to forward to another system, you now have the ability to do so.
Why did we build this feature? Various regulatory requirements require security data to be kept for years. In some cases — e.g. SOX compliance — audit records must be kept for up to 7 years. This data can be accessed using your own custom scripts and fed into Splunk or regulatory data warehousing.
You can access our docs for more information on this method call. These APIs are all available in the API explorer in Harness. If you have any feedback on our Harness API, please reach out to [email protected]! We’d love to hear your thoughts/comments/questions/concerns.
Workflow Configuration Improvements
When configuring your workflows in Harness, we’ve significantly improved the user experience. Moving forward, +Add Command has been renamed to +Add Step. With this, we’ve introduced a new wizard to help you easily add and configure the steps that make up your workflows throughout your pipeline. Some of the changes include the introduction of:
- Commonly used steps
- Step Favorites
You can easily access the new wizard by navigating to your Application configuration and then editing any of your workflows.
More information can be found here on this new improvement.
- Openshift is a popular platform for organizations to manage and deploy their own private cloud. We’re introduced first-class support for Openshift 4+.
- Helm 3 support has arrived at Harness! This version of Helm includes the removal of Tiller. Read this blog on how to deploy using Harness and Helm 3. For more information on upgrading to Helm 3, read our docs:
- Upgrade a Harness Kubernetes service to deploy a Helm 3 chart
- Upgrade a Native Helm 2 Deployment to Helm 3
- Template libraries are now available in YAML, so you can configure-as-code to your GitOps-heart-desire. With this new feature, you can put your templates through the same branch and pull request workflow as you do with code.
Come spend a free afternoon with Harness and get your certification for "Continuous Delivery for K8s." We'll be laying down all the Continuous Delivery wisdom and best practices. Learn to take CD from a "wouldn't that be nice someday" to a "hey we can do this!
Spots are limited, RSVP soon to save your seat!
- HarnessU Oslo - March 4th
- HarnessU London - March 5th
- HarnessU Denver - March 10th
- HarnessU Toronto - March 25th
What else is up at Harness?
We have some exciting events coming up, including
- DevOps Live (London), March 11 - 12th, 2020
- KubeCon Amsterdam, March 30 - April 2, 2020
- DevOps Days Los Angeles, March 6th, 2020
Webinars & Case Studies
- Feb 27th - Monolith to Microservices
- March 5th - Zero to Hero: Got PaaS?
Give Us Your Harness Tips & Tricks!
Any customers who have a unique tip or trick on how they use Harness will be given a $250 gift card. (Disclaimer: Limited one per person, must be a unique use-case not marketed in any of our materials, and applicable across Harness, not unique to one company's use case). Email [email protected] with your story.